Sunday, January 2, 2011

Marathon Training Week 1!!!



I failed this week, and it is only the first week!
My running schedule this week was 3miles, 4miles, 3miles and long run was 5miles.
I started off decent, I ran my 3 mile run in about 30 minutes. The 4 was completed in 36 minutes and my 5 miles run was 49 minutes 1 second....if you are paying attention you will notice, i am missing a 3 mile run. Dang me!!!
This coming week will have to have 5 days of running instead of 4 so I can catch up. This week will be three 3mile runs, one 4mile and a 6 mile run. I will complete this week!!
This week even though I missed a run, I did get 3 days of weight in. I plan to have a lot more weight training mixed in, than I have in my past marathon preps. I am hoping to the weights will help with the fatigue while running the marathon.
These running posts are going to be boring, but they are going to help keep me accountable. I have to train correctly for this marathon, I must get a sub 5 hour marathon!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You'll get it, I know you will! The blogs really do help with the accountability. I agree!

    ReplyDelete