Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voting and Bundt Cakes= :)









Today I voted!! I took little Miss Jaylee with me, and took advantage of my right to vote.  After voting I promptly went over to Nothing Bundt Cakes and took advantage of their, "show us you voted and get a free Bundtlet" deal.  I got a free lemon Bundtlet, and purchased a pumpkin spice one!  YUM!


Sunday morning was amazing.  I decided to run the Almond Bowl 5k in Chico.  I originally signed up because my sister in law joined Fleet Feets 5k training group, and was going to run the Almond Bowl.  I wanted to run it with her so I signed up.  1 day into her training class she sustained an injury and was not able to run, but my brother and nephew decided they would run!  We had a fantastic time!! I beat both Andy and Nik, thank goodness, got a new PR, by a minute and 5 seconds, and came in 3rd in my age group.............I think my competitiveness might be showing.  OOPs!!  :)  Good thing this is my blog where I am allowed to brag about myself :).
Anyway, we had a great time, and then went out for a big family breakfast, my Mom and Step-dad even showed up.

Before 11/4/12



After
After the run, Jacob decided that he wants to run.  He said this last year and gave up after one run, but this time, he has done two runs, and hasn't asked to quit yet.  I will keep the blog updated on his progress!

November 2, 2012, 3.36 miles, 30:27 (average per mile 9:03).  November 4, 2012, 3.10 miles, 27:01(average per mile 8:46). November 4, 2012, 1.18 miles, 13:29 (average per mile 13:29 (Jacob training run). November 5, 2012, 1.14 miles, 13:13 (average per mile 11:32 (Jacob training run) Year to date 476.60 miles, average time per mile 10:07.

No comments:

Post a Comment