Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013


New Years Day run
Goals for 2013:
1). Run at least 730 miles
2). Run a 10k....how have I not run one yet
3). Run with friends more often
4). Get at least 2 PR's
5). Keep my average per mile under 10 minutes

I have registered for 2 races for 2013, I have the TinkerBell 1/2 at Disneyland again on 1/30/13, and Shamrock 1/2 in March.  I will run the Rocklin Run again for the 3rd year in a row, and the kids will be running it as well.  The kids school has started a running group, and it is designed to train the kids for the Rocklin Run.  I am going to register for NIKE again, if it isn't a TNT only run, which is one of the rumors I heard when I ran it last year.  I would like to run the Davis Moonlight 1/2 again, and who knows what else I will register for.

Yesterday I started the year off right by getting a 4 mile run in.  I ran on the trails in Rocklin behind William Jessup University and along Wildcat Blvd.  The trails were good, but whenever I run in a new area, I always tend to go a little slower the first time out. 

Yesterday I was on Facebook and saw that a friend had a resolution to Plank for 1 minute everyday in 2013....I thought to myself, that is a weird resolution, until I tried it....ok, planking makes you sore, WOW!  I might try planking for a minute everyday just to be as cool as Maribeth.  I also read on facebook about one girls push-up resolution........well, I have zero upper body strength, I did 2 girl push ups, and today I feel like my chest and upper arms are broken.   This leads to my next 2013 goal, get to the gym and build up some upper body muscles, Shaun said he is going to go with me to help, but I will believe it when I see it.  Between work, photography, math tutoring, and baseball coaching, I don't think he will have gym time.

Happy New Year to everyone!!!

January 1, 2013, 4.07 miles, 39:19 (average per mile 9:39). Year to date  4.07 miles, average per mile 9:39.

No comments:

Post a Comment