Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hills YUK!

Oh how I loathe HILLS! 
Last nights run took me up, and up and up and up....then when I came back down, and down and down, my stupid toenail started tearing off.  Grrrr to last nights run.

Ok, now that all the negative is out...I headed up Twelve Bridges into Catta Verdera.  Once I was up the hill and into the area of the golf course, I was able to start looking around and enjoying the beautiful views.  On the way up the hill, I had to look down that whole time, to avoid rattle snakes.  I saw LOTS of snake skins, and one smooshed snake, but thankfully no actual live killing machines (snakes).  By the golf course I was yelled at by a turkey, he wanted to quietly enjoy watching golf, and my shoes hitting the pavement seemed to be a little disruptive to him.  Later on the trail, I scared four little quail hanging out, when they started running it sent a jack rabbit hoping.  Farther into the trail, there were two super cute deer, taking a little rest.  They could care less about me running by.  On the way back down the hill, I must have disturbed a lizard convention.  I saw so many lizards scurrying to get out of my way...one ran over my foot in his paniced little run to get away from me.
My time last night was slow, I felt sluggish with the first step I took.  My intention was to run seven miles last night, but when I was three miles out, I knew if I wanted to make it home in one piece, I needed to turn around and head back home. 

Last night I was VERY happy when my run was over!  On the bright side, at least I now have a time for that trail, and can try and beat it next time.

In other news.....Jaylee's book float parade for school was today!She is very proud of her float...When A Dragon Moves in!                                                                                                                                      

 May 16, 2012, 6.02 miles, 1:03:59 (average per mile 10:37) Year to date 161.24 miles, average time per mile 9:48.

No comments:

Post a Comment