Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Motivation

Last night, as I was getting ready to head to a friends house to watch the Bachelorette, I received a text saying that the show was going to start an hour later than anticipated.  My first reaction was, Oh crap, that means I will get back an hour later, and that means tomorrow at 4:15am, when the alarm goes off, I am going to cry.  I looked at the clock, and somehow talked myself into getting a short run in, and not having to go to the gym in the morning. 

I started out on my little sunset run, I haven't run outside for awhile, so getting started was tough.  The chili dog I had for dinner wasn't helping me either.

While I was running, I started thinking back to last summer, when my friend Leah, would root me on during my runs, and post her cheers on Facebook.  Last week, she said something on Facebook about loving when I would detail my runs, she felt like she was there with me, and that it inspired her.  She brought this up last week, after I gave her a hard time, when she was complaining about her husband making her do P90X with him.  She was so sore, and so tired, and my advice to her was to go run, stretch it all out. She was not a fan of my advice.  I was so proud of her though, she was doing her P90X, whether she really wanted to be doing it or not, she was doing it.  Could this mean Leah might start running one day? I hope so!  After my run last night she posted a super sweet comment about how she might actually want to try this running thing.  Maybe because of my posts, maybe because she is just awesome, and she wants to add more awesomeness to her...whatever it is I hope she starts to run.  This brings me to my motivation for running.  There are some days...ok a lot of days, when I just don't want to do it.  What gets me running on those days are friends like Leah, who get excited when I run, and want to possibly become runners. Leah....last night you were my motivation!!! Thank you!!!

May 14, 2012, 3.01 miles, 25:39 (average per mile 8:31) Year to date 155.22 miles, average time per mile 9:46.

No comments:

Post a Comment