Friday, August 24, 2012

Updates......

Looks like I haven't updated in over a week....oops, maybe I have been too busy running :).

Last week I was invited to run with one of my neighbor's running groups.  I figured there would be a few girls showing up, and I would be left behind and hopefully not get lost!  Saturday morning was the day of the groups long run.  I met them all in the parking lot of Twelve Bridges Elementary School, at 6:20 in the morning.  When I arrived in the parking lot, I noticed a boat load of minivans....what are all these people doing at the school at 6:20 on a Saturday morning, while it was raining? Turns out there were 14 people including me, there to run! The group leader handed everyone a handy dandy map that map out a 7 mile run, 9 mile run, and 11 mile run.  There were girls with every different pace imaginable there, and they were all running different distances.  The girl who invited me to run, is a running superstar, so I knew better not to go with her group, because I would end up alone :).  I ran with a group of super friendly girls, and their goal was to run 7. We ran a really cool run, there was some drizzle, there was a sunrise, and really cool trails that are behind my subdivision, that go all the way to Rocklin, that I had no idea existed.  I ran a slow time, but chatted with the girls and had one of the best runs of my life!!!  After the run, I rushed home, showered and we headed to Lake Almanor to shoot a wedding, it was a long but great day!

I have had some other short, but fast runs over the last few days, and Sunday is the Whole Foods Running School Half!!! I don't expect to do well, but I do expect to have a good time!!!



August 16, 2012, 4.38 miles,  44:32 (average per mile 10:09). August 18, 2012, 6.72 miles, 1:13:44 (average per mile 10:58). August 21, 2012, 3.59 miles, 32:00 (average per mile 8:53). August 22, 2012, 3.10 miles, 27:48 (average per mile 8:57). Year to date 358.17 miles, average time per mile 10:17.


No comments:

Post a Comment