Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Anyone....Please....Someone....

Last night, I needed to run, but could not get motivated to get out there. I decided on the way home from work, to text Kara and see if she wanted to go, since we talked about getting some runs in this week, earlier in the day. She replied with saying that she couldn't go early because of the kids, so she didn't want to hold me up. I replied that I needed to go later, closer to 8, so let's do it. As the evening went on, she texted saying that she had a crazy day, and her husband would be home late, so not tonight. Ok, I though, maybe I can just sit on my comfy couch and not run as well.........but I still had the nagging I need to run feeling. I then messaged Kristin, and asked her, she very quickly replied, "can't tonight". Dang it, I need to get a run, but am WAY to lazy to do this by myself. That's when I looked up at Shaun, and he knew what I was going to ask, he sweetly said, "want me to go with you?" YES YES YES, please.

As we were getting ready to go, he remember that we forgot to return the redbox movies. I jokingly told him, hey, it's only 2.75 miles away, I can totally make it in time.......He grabbed the movies and said ok go! I went, he was somewhere behind me, but I was jamming trying to make it there before 9. Well, I didn't make it in time, I was 3 minutes late, and running by myself :). Quickly on the way back, I found Shaun, running a lot farther than I thought he would, I figured he would be sitting on the sidewalk somewhere waiting for me. We ran another 1.75 miles; he made up "a running game for slow people". It was a fun game that involved counting and running and earning points, it was fun, and it kept us going. When we got to Cheveron, he asked if I wanted an icy, I said yes, so we got icy's and walked the last mile home. I didn't count that mile in my run.

All in all it was a great run, good company on the way back and a yummy treat.
Thanks for running Shaun!!

April 2, 2012, 4.65 miles, 48:12 (average per mile 10:21). Year to date 116.48 miles, average time per mile 9:57.

No comments:

Post a Comment