Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Stupid Shins

Shin splints, really? I am guessing this horrific shin pain has to do with the IT Band thing, I must be running differently to compensate.

Last night Kara and I ran, we chatted away. Actually, Kara chatted away, which is kind of funny. When we first started running together she was frustrated because she couldn't find her headphones that night. I asked why she was looking for them, after all we were running together, so there was a lot of chatting that could be done, not music listening. She told me that she can't talk and run. I told her she could and she should, that way she can regulate her breathing. She didn't think she could do it, and now a few months later, she is the one chatting away, I love it! As we got closer to her house, she said, hey lets take this trail up, lets see how far we can go, I have never been able to run to the 4 mile mark. Oh, heck yes, lets do this, we will most definitely go 4 miles. It was a good thing it was dark outside, so she couldn't see how much pain I was in. My shins were burning! My shin pain was so bad that I actually ran with my compression leggings, which I never do, I usually put them on after a run. Last night it felt like they were the only thing holding my legs together.

Anyway we ran 4.11, and she was so excited, and I was thrilled for her, thrilled for us!!

Rocklin Run on Sunday!!!

April 10, 2012, 4.11 miles, 40:53 (average per mile 9:56). Year to date 129.36 miles, average time per mile 9:55.

No comments:

Post a Comment