Friday, April 13, 2012

Preparing for the Rocklin Run



Wednesday night, Roshell and I were supposed to go for an 8 mile run. Last week I got out of running a long run with her because she got sick after dinner, this week, I was hoping for the same. My shins were killing me after running the previous 3 nights. Throughout the day Wednesday rain was coming down off and on, and she kept texting me saying, "It's not raining here" or "I've got sunshine on a cloudy day", "maybe you should try a rain dance". I replied with, I WILL be flaking on you tonight, she refused to take that. Well, my big rain dance worked, she messaged me at 6:30 saying she was at Walmart and slipped in the parking lot and hit her head on the cement. I felt really bad for her, but really happy at the same time, NO LONG RUN FOR ME! So, my rain dance gave her a bruise on her head, she is still alive though. I know her pride wasn't ruined by her fall, after all she was at Walmart :)



After her text, I felt a little bad for not running, so I set out to do a super quick run. Well quick it was, I went 3 miles with a pace of under 9 minutes! I ran the scary route that I did a few nights before, the one with the empty field that I could see myself getting hacked up in...Yep, that one. The sun had not gone down yet, so it wasn't as scary, but it did start to rain HUGE drops on me! I lived though, and added 3 more miles to my total miles!



April 11, 2012, 3.28 miles, 28:54 (average per mile 8:47). Year to date 132.64 miles, average time per mile 9:54.

No comments:

Post a Comment