Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lets Hear it for the Cheerleaders!

I have to thank Leah, Jen and Sonney Jo, for encouraging me to run last night! I REALLY did not want to. I posted on Facebook last night that I didn't want to run, I wanted to sit on my comfy couch and cry. I had no reason to cry, it just felt like something way cooler to do than running! Those 3 girls each posted a comment of encouragement.



Leah M Allen Wow... You sound completely average. normal. human. Do not be like me, A loach. GET OUT THERE AND MAKE us PROUD!!!!!
16 hours ago · UnlikeLike ·
2


Jen Brewer Lyness run melissa RRRUUUNNN!
16 hours ago · UnlikeLike ·
2


Sonney Jo Wolfe Run. I need to run vicariously through you and I can't do that if you stay on the couch. Lol.
16 hours ago · UnlikeLike ·
2

I think Leah's comment was the one that really got me going...Normal, What? I have never been called normal before! After I ran though, I thought....hey maybe I should try normal, it would mean that I could have stayed on the couch :)

Oh, well, I ran, I bumped into a tree hanging over the sidewalk....I couldn't see it because someone stole the copper wiring from the street lights. More miles logged and only 4 days until Disney TinkerBell Run!!! http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/rundisney/tinker-bell-half-marathon.

Thanks for the encouragement friends!!

January 24, 2012, 3.43 miles, 32:35 (average per mile 9:29). Year to date 40.12 miles, average time per mile 10:19

No comments:

Post a Comment