Monday, June 25, 2012

Is Summer Over Yet?

I need summer break to be over!! Jacob has been at his Dads for 2 weeks now, and Jaylee has been there for a week.  The kids came home Friday night, and it was great.  Summer is rough for me, since I am so used to having the kids around, and love them being home.  With them at their Dads house Monday through Friday, and some weekends in the summer time, life is not as fun.  I love spending alone time with Shaun, but he and I also thrieve on the hussle and bussle having the kids creates.  We love running them to and from thier sports, Shaun coaching Jacob's baseball team, and having all of their friends running in and out of the house.  When the kids came home this weekend, Jacob rushed in to watch the Giants game, and Jaylee ran to see all of her neighbor friends.  As bedtime neared, Jaylee asked if she could spend the night next door with Kiley....this is where I have to be less selfish with my kid time, and remember that the kids didn't ask for a divorce, they didn't ask for the custody arrangement they were thrown into, nor did they ask for their Dad to move 2 hours away.  I have to remind myself that is this schedule was not in place, they would still get to go to sleepovers and hangout with thier friends.  I let Jaylee go to Kiley's and she had a great time.  Saturday we were able to spend a nice morning at home with the kids, and then we headed to watch Jacob's friend Gavin play in one of his All Star baseball games.  We watch a few innings, then left Jacob in the care of Gavin's family, so he could hang with Gavin for the day, and have a sleepover with him.  We then took Jaylee shopping to get a birthday gift for her friend Tatum.  After the shopping trip, we headed to Tatum's party at the park, and left Jaylee there, as she was set to have an all day/evening playdate with Tatum, while Shaun and I shot a wedding.  Sunday morning I headed to the baseball field to pick Jacob up from another one of Gavin's game, and we came home and had a productive Sunday.  Last night when the kids were picked up I was sad, as I won't be seeing them for 12 more days, and the weekend I have them, we have another wedding to shoot.  OH SUMMER, BE OVER PLEASE!!

June 21, 2012, 3.28 miles, 28:45 (average per mile 8:45) (YES!!!). June 22, 2012 5.74 miles, 66:05 (average per mile 11:31) (shins booo!!).  Year to date 236.98 miles, average time per mile 10:36.

No comments:

Post a Comment