Friday, June 8, 2012

The Last Day Of 1st and 2nd Grade!!

The babies did it.....they successfully completed another school year.  I am so proud of the little people they are becoming.  The kids have grown academically and socially by leaps and bounds this year.  I love seeing Jacob's excited face every time he brings home a "blue ribbon" from school.  Twice this year he brought home blue ribbons for being a Quiet Carpet Sitter....how many parents can brag about that?  The kids have made wonderful friends this year, and I have noticed all the friends they have chosen for themselves are involved in sports.  Sports are very important to Shaun and I, and to the kids.  I love seeing how they are able to balance their sports with their academics, its wonderful to watch.


Last night Jaylee had her gymnastics awards ceremony, and guess who received an award?  This girl did!!!  I received the "Most Supportive Mom" award.  I was shocked to receive this, since Jaylee is dropped off at gym by daycare, some of the meets I have had to miss because of the photography business, but here I am receiving this award.  It was explained to me after the ceremony, that I received the award for being the coaches "rock".  They were happy with how supportive I am of the coaches, and the gym.  That almost made me cry....good thing I don't get too emotional!
Jaylee the great received the award for most dedicated gymnast on her team.  She may not be the best, but she tries her hardest, or at least gives the appearance that she tries her hardest :).

After dropping the babies off at school yesterday, I headed out for a morning run.  I don't like morning running unless it is a race, I have never been able to pinpoint why I dislike it, but I just do.  It may have something to do with the suns position, I am not sure, I just know I don't like it!  I did feel great after my run though, and that's what matters.


June 7, 2012, 3.19 miles, 30.20 (average per mile 9.29). Year to date 202.24 miles, average time per mile 9:50.

No comments:

Post a Comment