Monday, July 2, 2012

New Shoes

After a few weeks of excruciating pain on my left ankle and leg, I finally went out and had my running feet evaluated.  Fleet Feet and REI, both told me the exact same thing when they watched me walk and run.  They said i have Pronation.  That is a fancy work for my left foot turns in slightly when I take a step, and the tendon has been getting streatched and could be tearing, due to upping my milage the last few months. Both REI and Fleet Feet suggested Brooks, for the extra ankle support.  I took them out on their maden voyage on Saturday night, and after last nights run, my feel are still attached to my body, so that's a good sign.

I finished up June short of the 80 mile goal I set for myself.  I finished the month with 74.36 miles.  That is the most miles I have run in one month so far this year, so I am going to refrain from beating myself up over it.  July's goal is going to be 75 miles.  I am hoping in July to reach my goal, and the Moo-nlight 1/2 marathon on July 14th, will help with getting those miles up. I only need to average 2.4 miles a day to reach my goal, I am already ahead of myself for the month!!

Speaking of goals....I have a huge problem when I don't reach a goal I set for myself, I feel like I let myself down, and am pretty hard on myself over it.  The next few months will be full of let downs for me, so I need to get used to it, and have the let downs drive me to work harder and get stronger.  The Davis Moo-nlight run that I am running, will be an evening run in the valley, where it tends to get VERY hot.  I will likely not reach a PR in this run, and I need to be ok with that.  In October I am running the NIKE Women's 1/2 in San Francisco.  The big hills start at mile 6, when I will already be tired, I probably won't PR there either.  I need to again, be ok with that, and aim for a PR at Disneyland in January.  I CAN DO THIS!!!!

 June 27 2012, (PM) 3.78 miles, 35:00 (average per mile 9:15). June 28, 2012 (AM) 3.22 miles, 32:10 (average per mile 9:58). June 28, 2012 (PM) 4.02 miles, 37:51 (average per mile 9:24). June 30, 2012 3.27 miles, 31:13 miles (average per mile 9:33). July 1, 2012 3.30 miles, 31:26 (average per mile 9:31). Year to date 263.37 miles, average time per mile 10:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment