Monday, February 27, 2012

But, It Doesn't Hurt!

Knee update.....Tomorrow's post will probably be filled with lots of "I told you so's".
Thursday afternoon, I took my little knee to the doctor. My doctor was out for the day so I saw a different doctor. She touched me knee, maybe once and came up with a diagnosis of, "knee sprain and lateral ligament strain"
What I heard was, you do not have a broken knee, nor did you tear anything.
She talked about 'RICEing" my knee, Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation. She also said round the clock Motrin. She mumbled something about 8 weeks....who knows what she was talking about. She also mumbled about not running Bidwell this coming weekend, and not wanting to see me the Monday after Bidwell. Look, lady, you aren't my real doctor, and mine will be back in town next week, so you won't see me...HA!

Ok, so I have had zero pain in my knee all weekend. I walked about in healed boots this weekend in San Francisco, I cleaned the garage, and rearranged the kids bedroom furniture, and I have zero knee pain.

I think tonight I will head to the gym and do the elliptical, until I get board, probably a minute after I start, and do weights. I will see how my knee feels, I may do a short run on Tuesday and see if I can run the 1/2 on Saturday. People keep saying not to run, but dang it, I will go crazy if I don't run!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment