Wednesday, March 21, 2012

3 days in a row....what?!

I cannot believe it....I ran....not only did I run....I ran 3 days in a row!!! WHAT?!

Sunday I forced myself to the gym, to try out my knee and do a short run. I ran 3 miles, and felt great....until I got in the car. Did I have knee pain?....What the heck, I had massive LEFT knee pain. What the heck, my right knee or IT band has been the jacked up one, not my left?
I went home and iced my knee, elevated it, massaged my hip and knee, stretched and took Motrin. Monday morning, I woke up pain free.

Monday night, I really wanted to run, but I also really wanted to be lazy. I decided to text Kara to see if she wanted to run. Her usual response is, no, I can't because of.....I was hoping for this response on Monday night, that way I would say I tried, then sit on the couch and watch TV. Well to my surprise, she responded with, OMG, you must be in my head, I have been wanting to run all night, but couldn't get myself to do it, I was just getting ready to have a cocktail, but lets run instead. Oh CRAP, was my first thought, now I really have to run, blah!! When I got to Kara's we did our normal 3 mile loop, and it felt great. We were able to chat without being interrupted by kids, and we were able to run, it was perfect! It's funny, I absolutely adore Kara, but I never get to really talk with her. She has 3 little kids and she watches my 2 kids, so every time we try to chat, whether on the phone or in person, we are always getting kid interrupted. It was great to finally talk to her again, it has been months since we have been able to really catch up.
So, that brings us to last night, what the heck, Kara and I ran again! We try to add a little more distance to our run, but it turned out to only add a quarter mile on, but it was still great to run with her! I think we are scheduled for another run tomorrow night.....what, 4 runs in 1 week, and 3 of them with Kara, could it really be true? We will see!!

March 18, 2012, 3.11 miles, 27:48 (average per mile 8:57). March 19, 2012, 3.02 miles, 29:18 (average per mile 9:42). March 20, 3.28 miles, 33:12 (average per mile 10:07). Year to date 101.06 miles, average time per mile 9:57.

No comments:

Post a Comment