Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Puddles!



Run of my life last night!! Today I turned 35, that's as officially mid 30's as you can get. Last night in honor of turning "old" today, I decided that even though it was pouring ran, I was going to get out and do a little run.



I haven't run in the rain in years, I have this thing about getting my face wet, I hate it, it never bothered me until a year or so ago, and I suddenly feel like I am going to drown every time my face gets wet. I decided to try wearing a hat while I ran. I have a cute Disneyland hat that Shaun's parents got me 2 years ago, and I have never worn it, it's pink too. So, with headband/ear protectors (I also have a thing about my ears being cold), my cute old navy running jacket, thing, my running pants and my shoes, out the door I went. When I stepped out it was pouring! As soon as my run started, I noticed my face was staying dry, the hat was a terrific idea. At .25 miles, I hit my first puddle, it was a huge puddle, I didn't see it, since it was dark outside, but I felt it...the next thing I knew, I was looking for puddles, I wanted to splash hard in them, the way Jacob does! The next one I saw, I hit it hard, and SPLASH, it was awesome. I was planning on a 2 mile run, but at 1.5 miles I kept going out. At 2 miles, there was a flooded area, that covered the entire side walk for a few yards, it was so fun running in it. Finally just short of 2.25 miles, I decided to turn around, my ankles were getting a little sore, from the weight of my wet shoes and socks. I quickly realized why the first 2.25 miles were so easy, the wind and rain were at my back. The way back in was a little tough, due to the rain pounding down on me, and running into the wind, but it was still completely worth it. I felt like a kid again for that 42 minutes and 55 seconds






March 27, 2012, 4.41 miles, 42:55 (average per mile 9.43). Year to date 108.65 miles, average time per mile 9:57.

No comments:

Post a Comment