Friday, March 16, 2012

I Need to Run

This week I have not logged any miles. My knee has been hurting off and on for the last few weeks, but Monday it really started hurting. I was walking downstairs to go on break, and suddenly, my knee hurt so bad! It was worse than the previous pain. My hip also began hurting. Looks like it is an IT Band issue. The doctor said to be sure to R.I.C.E it, so that is what I have been doing. A lot of articles I have read, say that 1 or 2 weeks is all the rest you need, they said that they found if you rest any longer than that, it doesn't make the IT Band heal anymore than it already has. This weekend I plan head to the gym, and see how my dumb little IT Band is doing.

Speaking of this weekend, I am SO excited for it to begin! Since it is raining, all of our plans have been cancelled. We were supposed to have Opening Ceremonies for Little League, and an engagement shoot up at NorthStar. Now we get to have Jay and Jacob and just do nothing. I am seeing fort building, cleaning, and reading in our future, and I am so excited about it. Our weekends are always so busy, and the kids weekends are always busier, so this will be some great down time for them. They can play with neighbor friends, or go on play dates, whatever they want, we have no set agenda. Jacob will probably hit the batting cages at least once, so that he will be ready for his game on Monday if it isn't rained out.

And, speaking of kids....I have enjoyed this week with them a lot!! Both kids got new books last weekend with Grandpa, and this week at the book fair. Last night they asked me to read with them. Jacob and I started a Jack and Annie, Magic Tree House book, and Jaylee and I started her American Girl Doll, McKenna book. Jaylee's book sounds almost like it is a book about her. It's about a gymnast named McKenna, who struggles with school work, but loves gymnastics. We just finished chapter 1, and I am actually really excited to read chapter 2 :). This week has been full of kid involvement for me, since it has been raining, there has just been more time to hang with my little ones.

This week I also stumbled across a blog, that I have already, 4 posts in fallen in love with. Hershisandours. This woman's story about her daughter, her 5 step kids, her ex husband, her current husband and his 2 ex-wives. Parts of this blog are so relateble. I wish I could write the way she does about her feelings and being a step mom. I don't want the backlash that I would received if I really wrote what I wanted to write, so that is why this blog, is mainly about running, with tidbits about my kids stuff. I could start an anonymous blog, but I am too showy, I would end up telling people about it, so I won't do that either. Just know that there is so much more going on with my life than running, Jaylee and Jacob. There are many hard times and many good times. There are lots and lots of struggles, way more struggles than I ever imagined, but in the end, I have my comfy little house, with my comfy kids and my comfy husband, and at the end of the day, that's what matters.















I am thinking nearly life sized Jacob picture on my computer is a little creepy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment